MGB Ignition Key

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Ignition Key
From: Jim Boyd <gumby@joshuanet.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 06:33:25 -0800
David Deutsch wrote:

> Welcome Keith,
> Yes a locksmith can make a key without removal. The bolts, are snap
> head bolts, the heads snap off when sufficent torck has been applied,
> and can be removed with a little time and patience with a small chisel
> and a hammer and lots of tapping on the edges of the bolt stub to turn
> it counter clock wise thus loosening. The igntion switch is no longer
> available from any of the major vendors so if you come across one at
> parts swap meet, grab it and expect to pay from $75 to $100 for switch
> housing, electrics and two keys. Always check to make sure the key
> springs back from what would be the starter engage position to the
> running position. Good luck.  Safety Fast, David Deutsch
>
> You wrote:
> >
> >Hello All:
> >
> >I am new to the lest and my 74mg roadster, I bought the car without a
> >Key for the ignition as the owner lost it. the car was stored for ten
> >years. How can I take the ignition out of this car? It seems to be
> held
> >in by two larg bolts that look like rivites. Is it posable for a
> >locksmith to make a key without taking the ignition out of the car?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Keith

Hey Keith:

If you find that you do need the ignition switch, email me and I may be
able to assist you!  I have lots of MG spare parts, although this list
seems to be buying them up rather quickly!  Any other needed parts, give
me a shout!

Good Luck,
Jim Boyd
Paradise, CA
     "the fire sale continues... Town official makes inspection today!"