Kai's Triumph Flaw

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Kai's Triumph Flaw
From: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 07:41:04 -0500
Kai,

The numbers of TR7s sold says more about the seventies than it does
Triumphs. It was the dark ages of the automobile. I got knocked about a bit
for my rubber-bumper predjudice, but I was driving a 67B when those things
first hit the road in 74/75 and haven't ever recovered from the jolt to my
system. Then, to know that Abingdon was shut down in favor of that
gawd-awful TR7. . . if the car scene had been a political system I would
have gone underground and become a resistance fighter -- wait, that's sort
of what I did. Anyways, the first TR7s were crap. Later they worked out some
of the problems and made it less ugly in convertible mode (isn't worthy of
the word roadster). TR8 was a passable creation, but just.
  Still, if you get a TR6 you'll at least get to know just how 'independent'
a rear suspension can be! After a few years they all tend to look like dogs
squating to urinate.

Michael (just set in his ways)New Bern, NC
67B (with chrome bumpers as God intended)
74 Interceptor (60s design that held the line into the dark ages)