Re: angry, hungry ? (Off list)

To: mgs@autox.team.net, homestay@infolearn.com.au
Subject: Re: angry, hungry ? (Off list)
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrco.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 08:28:54 -0500

> I'm frustrated by a question asked on our local radio station for the last
> 2 days. So far no correct answer although a lot of wild words.
>
> Question:       There are 3 words in the English language which end in the
>                 letters GRY.
>
>                 (i)     angry
>                 (ii)    hungry and
>                 (iii)
>
>                 What is the third word?

You have to listen very carefully to the question and the way it is
worded. I don't think what you typed is correct. The three words that
are the answer are:
angry
hungry
what

The last bit is a statment not a question. 'What' IS the third word.

At least that is what the article in the Hartford Courant said a couple
of weeks ago.

- -Mark   = =o&o