Sill replacement

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sill replacement
From: sgp@netexp.net (James F. Porco)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 09:32:17 -0400
Like Peter Schauss a few (dozen) messages back, I too am in the process of
replaceing sills (and floor) on my 71 BGT.  My questions is, what type of
paint can I use to spray the exposed areas before I start welding?  I have
much/most of the bare metal exposed along the line of the weld, but I do not
want to keep it exposed during the high moisture winter months here in
Central Ohio.   I read somewhere that you need to use a certain paint that
will not react with the welding process.  BTW, I will be using a flux core
welding unit for the floor and sills.

Another question,  can you weld right over POR-15??

Thanks for any help.

Jim Porco
sgp@netexp.net
71 MGB-GT