Re: Vicky Brit Winter Sale Catalog -Reply

To: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Subject: Re: Vicky Brit Winter Sale Catalog -Reply
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@ic.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 10:56:03 -0500
Jeremy DuBois wrote:

> > I think VB are getting a bum rap.....  -doubtless Moss takes a bit of
>beating
> > but having used VB extensively i have always found the service fine, even
> > when I returned three wiper blades because I was too stupid to write down
>the
> > correct number - they sent the correct ones by return,
> >

>    Well, this is why I finally stopped buying things from them:
>
>         I ordered a "complete front suspension kit" for my Spitfire, and
> when it arrived it was missing a couple of bushings, so I called them up and
> told them.  They appologized and told me they'd send them out next day.
> Well, two days later I called back and they appologized again and said
> they'd be right on their way.  two days after that I called back and they
> said, "Gee, those bushings aren't supposed to be in that kit, so we're not
> going to ship them." So I went back to the catalog, and there they were
> listed as in the kit.  "The catalog is wrong" was their reply.  So they're
> "COMPLETE" kit wasn't complete? "Well, yeah, that's the way our distributor
> sends it" I don't really care what their distributor does, I bought a
> complete kit from them, I told them the catalog I was ordering from when I
> placed the order, I even got days worth of being told I would be sent the
> extra parts.  As far as I was concerned, they owed me the $20 worth of
> bushings.  What was their final reply?  "Yeah, I think you're right, it was
> a mistake on our part. We're not going to send you the bushings, but we'll
> pay half shipping if you want to send the kit back"
>
>         I didn't send the kit back, instead I ordered the bushings from
> Moss. I will now not order anything from VB if I can possibly get it
> anywhere else.
>
> ----
> Jeremy DuBois                              jer@thlogic.com
> Manager, Info Systems                      http://www.thlogic.com/~jer/
> Thermalogic Corporation                    '60 TR3A, '74 MGB, '76 Spit

Just goes to show that customer service is really where it's at.  A well
run, customer oriented company would not allow this to happen.  I used
to do a lot with Vicky B, but not much anymore.  I have found several
suppliers that have better prices, or better tech support, or are
simpler to do business with.  I've never had such a problem with
Victoria British, but prefer to take my business elsewhere.