Re: Vicky Brit Winter Sale Catalog -Reply

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vicky Brit Winter Sale Catalog -Reply
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 18 Nov 1996 10:45:36 -0600
In <32908713.C5@ic.net>, Christopher M. Delling wrote:
>Jeremy DuBois wrote:
>>
>>         I didn't send the kit back, instead I ordered the bushings from
>> Moss. I will now not order anything from VB if I can possibly get it
>> anywhere else.
>>

>Just goes to show that customer service is really where it's at.  A well
>run, customer oriented company would not allow this to happen.  I used
>to do a lot with Vicky B, but not much anymore.  I have found several
>suppliers that have better prices, or better tech support, or are
>simpler to do business with.  I've never had such a problem with
>Victoria British, but prefer to take my business elsewhere.

During one of their winter sales I ordered a fuel filter for my B
for about $2 together with a bunch of other stuff.  When I received
the goods, the package included a huge filter for a Mercedes diesel
for which I was charged about $18.  I called them to explain, they
gave me a return authorization.  I paid shipping back, they sent the
$2 filter and charged me $7.95 "shipping and handling".  I called once
again to point out that this was a bit ridiculous.  Their attitude was
that the stock number error was my mistake (it was a phone order, and
the number was correct on the list that I had read).  I also pointed
out that everything else on the list was for an MG, and I don't own a
Mercedes, etc. but they held firm.

I once made a mistake in an order from Moss.  They not only took the
mdse back with no charge, they paid the shipping for the correct part.
While they are not on the top of my list, they do have good customer
service, and I still do business with them.

                        A. B. Bonds