Re: 100K Mile

To: Sheree.Wegeng@carle.com
Subject: Re: 100K Mile
From: rbtaras@ix.netcom.com (Roland J Taras)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 19:13:34 -0800
You wrote:

>> In a message dated 96-11-18 00:01:00 EST, rbtaras@ix.netcom.com
(Roland J
>> Taras) writes:
>>
>> << << Any other tall mileage MGs out there? >>
>>  >
>>  >214K and gaining 20K/yr.
>>  >
>>  >Barney Gaykord -- 1958 MGA
>>  >
>>  >
>>  300+K and gaining  Faithful a '51 TD
>>
>>  Butch >>
>>
>> Yours had a 7-year head start, but I'm sure mine will eventually
catch up.

>> Barney
>
>Yeah, but the miles on Barney's car are HARD miles!!!
>
>Sheree W.

Hi Sheree.
    That depends on what you call hard.  Yes, from the net I know that
Barney autocrosses his car.
    Faithful was my daily driver for the first 17 years I had her.
During that time she went to a salom about once a month.  She has been
driven to every GoF West but one, we were running a little late to meet
som friends on the way to Gof and burnt a piston doing about 80 mph.
We were about 60 miles from home.  We took her home thru the luggage
into one of our MGB GT's and pulled into Carson City Nevada about a
hour after the group got there.  She's been as far east as San Antonio
and has been all over the western United States.  When traveling we
generally cruise at between 65-70 mph.  Yes, she's had a few
enhancements to the XPAG block and drive train.