MG legroom

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG legroom
From: "bill and penny meyer" <pplusb@northlink.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 22:35:09 -0700
At 6" 6", the "B" is one of the very few sports cars I can truly fit
in and drive comfortably - the others which come to mind are Elva
Courrier and Porsche (I apologize!).
  A number of years ago, a friend
who was only an inch shorter than me got a fantastic deal on a TR7.
My comment was that I had never driven a "7", but had had trouble
driving every other Triumph I'd tried since the first TR2 I'd slipped
into at a rather tender age.
Like me, the friend drove his LBC daily, 30 min each way to work.
Some time later, he had to visit a few doctors for kidney problems
(pains).  Nobody could help him until his wife went on vacation and
he started driving her SAAB to work.  The "kidney" problems cleared
straight away!
To make a long story endless, he invested in a "B" and had no further
problems.
On the other hand, my wife, at 5' 3" does not like my roadster, where
I've moved the seat track back the approx. 1" the bolt pattern
allows.  However, I am quite comfortable in her MGBGT, which has the
seat in the factory standard location.

Bill Meyer