Re: TD brake lights

To: stevet@hbp.com (Steve Tritle)
Subject: Re: TD brake lights
From: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 00:46:31 -0500 (EST)
>My restored TD is not wired for brake lights. How do I go about doing
>this project? The lighting is fine otherwise but I need brake or stop
>lights on this car. Help!!!!!
>Steve Tritle
>stevet@hbp.com

Steve,

There should be a brake light switch under the car just behind the master
brake cylinder. This switches 12V to the bright filament of the dual tail
light bulbs.
(The dimmer filament comes on with the headlights.) Earlier TDs did not have
turn signals, but I think they all had  brake lights. If you need a
schematic diagram of the wiring, let me know. I could scan it and attach it
in an email.

Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
rdonahue@holli.com
53 MG-TD under DIY restoration
71 MGB still in shop, 11 months and counting (the TD is winning)