Re: Hey Scott Hower! Can I get a witness??/ Bugeye

To: David Deutsch <drded@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Hey Scott Hower! Can I get a witness??/ Bugeye
From: "S. L. Hower" <howersl@ttown.apci.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 10:49:08 -0500 (EST)
 On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, David Deutsch wrote:

> Scott has seen my bugeye (for sale). Maybe he would not mind giving his
> honest opinion on it.

  Dont mind atall-  First, let me toss in a disclaimer and say that I
  have no interest, financial or otherwise, in the sale of Dave's Bugeye.
  I bought some parts from Dave and he showed me his LBC collection.
  What looks 'good' to me, might not for you, so YMMV, etc. etc.
  Also, I dont know much about Bugeyes, Ray G is the resident expert in
  that department!  Having said that, here is what I remember:

  IMHO, the car is complete and would make a great candidate for
  restoration.  This isn't a picked over parts-car.  All of the
  'interesting' bits are still there: aluminum cockpit surround,
  sidecurtains, gauges, etc.  The car also has a hardtop which
  probably helped keep some of the elements out.

  The bonnet appeared to be straight; the headlight buckets were
  intact.  Under the bonnet, everything was there.  Dirty, but there.
  Outside, there were no obvious rust holes, but I think the a-pillars
  felt kinda solid when I rapped on them- if you know what I mean.
  I didnt crawl underneath it to poke around at the spring hangers
  and such.  Car has wire wheels.  Doesnt look like it has moved
  under it's own power for awhile.

  The only obvious DPO hack was some sort of contraption between
  the seats- center console?  Giant cup holder?, Dremmel mount ? ;-)

  I dont remember what he was asking, and I have no idea what
  a fair price is, so please, dont ask me to comment on that.

  --Scott

   Scott Hower  --> howersl@ttown.apci.com
   Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.
   7201 Hamilton Blvd Trexlertown, PA