Re: Sun Rise No LBC Content

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sun Rise No LBC Content
From: roethler@cadetmail.uscga.edu (Brust)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 16:03:56 -0500
Being a student of nautical science, I believe I can answer your question
about the Sunrise standard.  YES.  There is.  Leave it at that and be happy
and ignorant.  I have spent three years at the US Coast Guard Academy
learning how to navigate and drive ships and various other related stuff
and let me tell you it is not fun to find local sunrise and sunset.  It
follows the same course as celestial navigation (navigation using the sun
and stars) and requires extensive use of table interpolation skills.
Basically a pain in the ass.  I would rather try and turn that nut when
your laying underneath the car and you have to reach around backwards
contorting your hand and arm worse than that game of twister the other
weekend and twist it between your pinky and thumb and it takes you an hour
to turn it an eighth of a turn until you found since your disoriented you
have turned it the wrong way..... then you vow to drive the midget off the
nearest cliff the next chance you get.........

Brust Roethler USCGA '98
64 Midget
69 Midget

"He who sheds his blood with me today, shall be my brother."
Wm. Shakespeare
CGA RUGBY