Re: Condensation

To: Paul Hunt
Subject: Re: Condensation
From: "Cram, Geoff" <gcram@wdni.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 13:01:00 -0800
Very concise.  Ray, where were you when I was taking my first thermo
class?  Psychrometric charts be damned.

Geoff Cram
66 B
gcram@wdni.com
 ----------

>>How do you lower the relative humidity if you have no air conditioner to
remove water from the air?  You heat the air.  Passing the air over a
warm
coil warms the air, but does not change the amount of water vapor in the
air.  Warm air can hold a larger amount of water vapor than cold air.
Because relative humidity is a measure of how much water vapor is
present
expressed as a percentage of how much the air can hold, heating the air
lowers the relative humidity of the air.  The warm air can now hold more
water vapor than the same air could hold when colder, so it will demist
more effectively.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910