What's funny?

To: William Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Subject: What's funny?
From: Don Mathis <donmathis@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 14:41:09 -0500
>My comment about cats and antifreeze was an obviously lame attempt to be
>funny.  One of humanity's oldest traditions is to choose some symbol and
>publicly degrade it in the name of humor.  In today's society, the pickings
>for these symbols are getting awfully lean.
>
>We can't use Triumph owner because there are too many on the list and
>besides, towards the end there were more similarities than differences
>between the marques.
>
>Pets seem to be out.  Ditto for levels of enthusiasm.  Porsche owners have
>too much influence in this world.  How about Corvette owners? Just a
>thought.
>
>Any other suggestions?  Although not politically correct, this kind of
>humor, IMHO, can still be funny.
>
>Regards
>Bill Eastman
>61 MGA

I just received my new Moss catalog.  From the articles the editor thinks
British car owners are funny.  Actually it appears that the symbiotic
relationship between the British car and the owner is funny.  The British
car needs an owner to keep it running.  The owner needs the British car for
pain, frustration and ecstasy.  It works for me!!

Don Mathis,Ph.D.
donmathis@lucent.com
'61 MGA
'37 Bentley