Now It Starts To Become Fun

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Now It Starts To Become Fun
From: curtis@hayburn.com (Ed & Kris Curtis)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 23:02:21 -0500
Hello People:

I have been a lurker on the MG area for some months and have learned many
things about oil, brake fluid, and cats.  But now, it should really start to
become fun around here. Tonight the tub and frame of my TF were delivered
back to my home from the painter.  I have already started to put it back
together, but there is an amazing amount of work still ahead of me.

I purchased this TF a year ago out of a barn where it had set since 1960.
The PO had broke the crankshaft, removed the engine and took it apart, but
never got it back together.  Over the years the POS (previous owner's son)
played racecar driver in it and greatly damaged it.  It had 21,240 miles and
the original tires still on it (all very flat).  I have spent the last year
taking it apart and working on the parts.  John Twist did a masterful
rebuilt of the engine in his technical course last February.

While I was very careful to take notes and pictures as I took it apart,
there were so many pieces missing, such as the gas pedal, I will be asking
for help for details as it goes back together.

One of the things that I already see is that I will be afraid that I will
drop a screwdriver, or some other tool, onto the new paintjob.  Has anyone
else out there had this fear?  Other than resigning myself to chips and
dings while I try to be careful, what can I do to minimize the damage?

Thanks in advance

Ed Curtis
Ed in Western Michigan
1955 MGTF 1500 in many pieces