Re: Vicky Brit

To: James <dirmeyer@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Vicky Brit
From: Jim Boyd <gumby@joshuanet.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 07:49:45 -0800
James wrote:

> After reading quite a lot of negative posts about Vicky Brit I decided I
> just have to respond.
>
> I've probably ordered close to 2 grand in parts for my 2 LBCs from VB and
> the only problem has been a slightly damaged interior panel which they took
> care of right away.  I've also ordered considerable amounts from Moss,
> Roadster Factory and Northwest and have had to either return missent items
> or call to find out why some items hadn't been sent.  Overall, VB gets my
> vote for best service in delivering the right items.
>
> As far as getting car information from the companies...I know better than
> to ask VB.  If I need an answer or advice, I'll call Moss or The Roadster
> Factory and order from them, that's part of the service they offer.  But
> for most things VB serves my purpose just fine.

Hey James:

I need to respond to your note.  Not that I have a lot of wisdom, but
hopefully a tad of common sense!

I'm glad that you are satisfied about shopping at VB.  My single
purchase was not.  But let's just talk about vendors in general and
their services and prices.

What if EVERYONE who owned a LBC did what you did?  OK, Moss has a great
group of folks on their telephone lines, 'cause they apparently all own
LBCs and are very knowledgeable.  You pull as much info out of them as
you can, then with that knowledge, you shop around until you get the
absolute rock-bottom price on that particular item.  Moss has provided
you with a very valuable service, yet they failed to make a profit from
you.

On the other hand, VB is rewarded with the sale, even though they didn't
provide you with the technical info you needed to buy the right part.
At some point, if this process became global, Moss would either
terminate sales people, offer lower quality goods or just shut down
their operations.

I quite often trade with my local Moss distributor directly instead of
calling Moss, because I can take in parts that I have questions about,
set my parts on the counter and get excellent advice from the shop
owner.  For me, its kinda the best of both worlds, getting technical
advice (in person) at Moss prices (which are usually very fair for the
quality provided).

I guess my request is that you give some careful consideration that your
actions will eventually take, then delete this message!  Keep in mind, I
do not pay outrageous prices from any vendor...I shop for the best
quality and service that I can find.  Typically, that ends up being
Moss!  All disclaimers apply!

I will be interested in hearing your response, James!

Cheers,
Jim Boyd
Paradise, CA