Re: B vrs. C

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: B vrs. C
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 11:17:07 -0500
Will Zehring writes:

> I have wondered for sometime about the essential differences between the B
> and the C.

Engine, heh.

Diff- I think the ratios are 3.01 and 3.3 as opposed to the B's 3.9. The rear
end casing may be different as well?

Prop shaft.

Tranny- beefier gears, changed bellhousing? (If this tranny can't be adapted to
an MGB or Rover V8 I may have an MGC O/D tranny for sale/trade...)

Complete front suspension, as it uses a torsion bar design, with tube shock.
An A-arm replaces the hydraulic damper. There is a big extra channel welded
along the inner fender from the top shock mount to the frame rail.

There are MAJOR body/pan mods to go along with this- the bars mount to an
extra bunch of sheetmetal under the floor, along with some pan mods. The front
frame rails changed as well, and the cowl is cut back to allow for the
engine. Front crossmember is changed, and welded in place. I think the
radiator monuts & area changed too.

Steering rack.

Brakes-
bigger at both ends- different disk & calipers in front
The rear uses a 5 lug drum. (10" instead of 9"?)
master cylinder changed
dual remote vaccum boosters

Wheels- 15" 72 spoke instead of 14"

Uh, what else?

   ________
  /___  _  \    Roger Garnett            (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \   CU Distance Education   | The Wayward Sports Car Centre
| |___||  _  |  115 Warren Hall         | http://www.wayward.team.net/
| | \  |   | |  Cornell University      |
 \|  \ |__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801 | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-1623          | Safety Fast!