Re: B.G. on a roll / sounds like a deli sandwich

To: BarneyMG@aol.com
Subject: Re: B.G. on a roll / sounds like a deli sandwich
From: ckr <ragthyme@fls.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 00:35:32 -0500
Hey, Barney, glad you're still with us. At least, with you around as
competition, maybe Deutsch'll buy my MGA. ;)

I had a similar experience in 79 during a winter rallye ... we'd had an
awful ice storm, and I flipped a soft-top 72 Chevy Blazer. Never left
the road, really ... of course, I was going downhill, so it rolled more
than once. The roll bar and the luck of the Irish are all that saved me,
and the roll bar took such a beating it bent the frame where it
attached.  Broke one motor mount loose, snapped both universal joints on
the driveshaft (4x4, what today you'd almost call a monster truck),
broke the front axle and tie rods and bent the poor beastie all to bits.
It went to an early grave; I escaped with a few minor cuts and bruises
and a broken collarbone where the harness bit into me. In that situ, no
harness, no ckr. And I was only doing about 30 at the start of the roll.

Be safe out there, friends, and have a good Thanksgiving.

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'