Re: Chicken Launcher etc...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chicken Launcher etc...
From: Mark Sherman <Marksherman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 15:41:07 +0000
Steve Tritle wrote:
I have a TD and use 80W90 gear oil in the transmission (gearbox). I have
heard of the wonders of using synthetics in our LBC's.
Can anyone give some real life experiences and suggestions which Redline
gear oil I should use. I seem to remember the MTL stuff is what I need.
Waiting with anticipation.
Steve Tritle

I've been using Amsoil Synthetic Gear Lube (80W90) in the gearbox and
differential
of my '53 TD for about a year.  I took it out for a run yesterday (about 40
degrees F and sunny in New Jersey, top down of course and sidecurtains
stowed).  The car's thermometer never ran above 75 degrees C.  The
transmission was smooth as silk, except of course when I missed a shift or
beat the synchros.

Mark