Re: Checking tranny oil - trapped fingers

To: MGs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Checking tranny oil - trapped fingers
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 09:21:13 -0600
Me Too! as the AOLers say. My solution came courtesy of my boat where
each year I have to buy new rubber straps for the cover. The
(cheap) straps have metal S hooks on the end. One side a little smaller
than the other.

They make a perfect tool for hooking the dipstick while keeping your
fingers out of the hole atop the trans hump.

(I now have a dozen or so hanging from the side handle of the tool box)
((S hooks, not fingers, Mr. Richards))

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69MGC/GT