Maybe I fixed it ... the Dan Hughes Mystery

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Maybe I fixed it ... the Dan Hughes Mystery
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 1996 05:52:59 -0600
You know how sometimes you wake up early in the morning, and your mind
is active, and you come up with a solution to a problem?  Well, maybe I
fixed the Dan Hughes problem.  Apparently, Dan set his e-mail server at
work to automatically reply that he would be out of the office every
time it received an e-mail.  Problem is, when subscribed to a mailing
list (which is a reflector site) it bounced a new reply back and kept
adding "reply" to the subject.  This morning,I changed my mailer
identity to be Dan Hughes, and told majordomo to unsubscribe.  If it
read the identity correctly, the problem should be over.  Normally, I
wouldn't do anything on the internet under a false identity, but this
was getting too ridiculous.  Let's hope it works!
--
Wayne Kube      wkube@iadfw.net
'79B