Welding Equipmentment.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Welding Equipmentment.
From: BRUCE PHILLIPS <mgb1964@cois.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 08:14:27 -0500 (EST)
        Last week in the middle of the Dan Hughes incident I posted the
following request from the list . It may have been missed .

        Many thanks to the list for their input on the GT fenders and
windshields. The car is now in the garage , the interior stripped , and the
fender removed . The floors are also bad. My question concerns Welders. The
Eastwood Company has a combination Mity Mite system that looks interesting.
I am replacing sills , castle rails , and now floors etc. Of particular
interest is the hand spot welder that they show  as an attachment. Has
anyone had any experience with this unit ? What is the recommendation of the
list for the proper attachment of these parts  ? I have read Porter , and it
appears that they gas welded the sills etc in place. I assume that this was
due to the fact that these types of hand spot welders were not available at
the time of writing.

 Any experience would be appreciated.

Bruce