MG PA engine rebuild

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG PA engine rebuild
From: britcars@juno.com
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 14:45:23 EST
I'm in the process of restoring a 1934 PA and am wondering about the
advisability of reboring the PA block to PB size.

I will be replacing the crank, rods and pistons with modern components,
and the engine will be run with a Centric supercharger. Would the larger
PB bore create any problems in terms of affecting the strength of the PA
block , i.e. were PB blocks cast any thicker around the bores? Would the
engine make noticeably more power with the larger capacity and the
blower? Would there be any trade-offs in smoothness or rev-ability, etc.?

Comments from anyone who has had experience with this modification would
be appreciated.

I'm having the original crank and rods magnafluxed. If it turns out they
are not cracked, would anyone be interested in buying them from me? I
also have the original front Hartford shocks and rear Luvax shocks for
sale if anyone needs them.

In the Bond of the Marque,

Lawrie Alexander