Re: leaky bmc/snow!

To: nick.pitt@bbc.co.uk, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: leaky bmc/snow!
From: BDurgin1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 12:44:30 -0500
In a message dated 96-12-20 04:08:17 EST, nick.pitt@bbc.co.uk (Nick Pitt)
writes:

<< I now think that
 the only time to use a repair kit on a hydraulic cylinder is as routine
 maintenance at the prescribed factory intervals. If the cylinder has failed
 then it's too late. Cut your losses, order a new cylinder, and use your kit
 for a routine overhaul in a few years time. >>

Thomas,

I agree. Although it is possible to rebuild a MC, I'd opt for a new one as
well. The brakes on a lbc are nothing to take chances with. I remember
rebuilding a MC on a 68 VW in college and would not recommend that procedure
again !!!

Bruce Durgin
64 B