Re: LBC's

To: elkhart@juno.com
Subject: Re: LBC's
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 22:16:21 EST
On Sat, 21 Dec 1996 21:13:18 EST elkhart@juno.com (Philip M Haines)
writes:
>It's still cold here in Michigan, but not as cold as in Quebec.
>At least according to the short wave. I hoisted my new shortblock
>up onto the engine stand. At least got it off the salty, wet floor. My
>next task is to cook a pot of chili and to fix the frame of the front
>room mirror. I am glad to hear about Jay Leno's exotic cars and
>TC's, A's & B's and stuff. I like Midgets best of all. My '87 fiero
>base
>coupe is a great winter beater (no body rust). I do like its
>configuration
>and it does start good with 5W-30 synthetic. It needs about $3000
>to put it straight. Who would put that much into a $500 car? My Midget
>will probably end up costing about $8000 when all said and mistakes
>corrected. I think if Jesus made his entry into Jerusalem today, He
>would
>borrow a sports car instead of a donkey.
>
>Just plain Phil.

At thr risk of generalizing Im sure there are many on the list who can
relate to
putting $3000 into a $500 car - my nly question is "how to get away with
only 3000!"
I figure my 72B is worth about 5000 now but that figure was in the rear
view mirror LONG before the new seats!! (about the same price ans a 3
piece suite i reckon!
- no matter, it aint for sale!!
I dont personally intened to get into Fieros but my bet is that folk will
before too long....
especially the late model which personally thought was a damn good
looking car for a Detroit creation....got an unused corner???

BTW - if Jesus had known, I reckon he'd have gone to the beach for
easter!!! (sorry)

mike robson
69 roadster
72 roadster