Re: Alaska

To: MGs-L <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Alaska
From: Shel Bercovich <sbercovi@cadvision.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 21:19:51 -0700
And being a Calgarian, I can't help but say: On your way through to
Edmonton and the Alaska Highway, take a week off to come on a trail ride
with us and see the Calgary Stampede - the Greatest Outdoor Rodeo in the
world (or so it's said).

John must be working on his PHD at the U of A! :-) Remember, he said
"high" temperatures - not average! Now Calgary on the other hand has
higher averages and lower humidity! Some of you might remember Calgary,
the Kananaskis and Banff from the GOF in '94.

Best to all this holiday season.

Shel  '74 B-GT (and previously, a '67 and a '71)

mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca wrote:
> [snip]
> Edmonton and Calgary (home of the Stampeders) have been rivals in most
> things for nearly a century and we are most proud of it.  Thanks for your
> interest.  Seriously, however, the weather here is usually very fine from
> May 24 through October 15.  You can count on warm days and pleasant nights.
> High temperatures in June and July are usually in the range from 70 to 85
> F.  Highest temp. ever recorded in Edmonton was 99 F.  Low humidity.  Of
> course there are a few mosquitos :-.  Come on up and see us.  You'll love
> it.
[snip]
Shel Bercovich  sbercovi@cadvision.com      trcr@canuck.com     /\
Join the Trail Riders of the Canadian Rockies (Non-Profit)     /  \
    See our WEB pages at: http://www.canuck.com/~trcr         / /\ \
                   Or at: http://www.cadvision.com/trcr      / /  \ \
        "Come Ride with Us in Banff National Park"