reminising

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: reminising
From: Bruce <mgb1964@cois.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 08:59:17 -0500 (EST)
        Its Christmas morning an I have just downloaded from the list. The
reminising thread is quite interesting. My start in LBC's started with my
mother. After a marriage breakup there was not a lot of money around but we
needed transportation. A Morris Minor apeared one day and I can remember the
black little car sitting on the boulavard. I can't remember how long we had
it but I can remember the long gear shift and the brakes that squeeked. My
next recollection was a Zepher and finaly a Consul. I finaly got my licence
and bought a motorcycle. Two years later money was tight and the bike had to
go in favour of a family car. The bike was traded in adn in my mothers name
we bought a Envoy Epic . This little car was the the absolute best little
car made by the British and sold by GM in Canada. It was not new but it was
durable. For all my Highschool years I drove that car. I can't estimate how
many miles I put on it but we moved a lot and I didn't change schools. This
meant a commute to school of sometimes 50 miles. One incident that sticks in
my mind is the time it was quite cold and I was leaving school. The car
started and I went to put it in gear. The shift leaver came off in my hand.
On inspection there was a small stump left on the shift ball where the DPO
had welded the shaft on . What to do. Back into the auto shop for a set of
vise grips. For two months that how we shifted the car. On graduation from
highschool I bought my first "B".

        So my first LBC was the result of my mother. By the way she is 84
years old and sitting beside me right now.

        BTW yesterday I picked up my new inner sills and associated hardware
to replace the rusty ones on the GT.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

BRUCE