Re: Alberta All-British Motor Meet - E-Type drive to alberta

To: Imk1968@aol.com
Subject: Re: Alberta All-British Motor Meet - E-Type drive to alberta
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 22:17:11 -0500
Hello and Merry Christmas:

You didn't leave your name either, however that's not a problem.  We should
be releasing our information bulletins sometime later in the year but I
will keep you posted.  I am vice-president of the Alberta All-British
Motoring Society, the host of the meet.

Where will you be coming from if you decide to make the trip?  We are
planning to billet people if they wish, and we will also provide storage
arrangements.  There is a Jaguar Driver's Club in Edmonton and one of their
members is also a member of our committee.  We would be very happy to see
you.  Our event is a good one.  We usually have somewhere around 150 to 200
vehicles at the meet.  We encourage all types of vehicles so that you can
expect to see everything including single cylinder farm engines, tractors,
trucks, buses, motorcycles, and all kinds of cars - including displays of
Matchbox and Dinky.  I am working on having a Harrier visit as well.  The
British Forces train in Alberta and have permanent camp facilities near
Edmonton.  Who knows?  Anything is possible if you ask.  Cold Lake, NE of
Edmonton, is the major NATO training area for fighter aircraft.

Hope to see you here in June,

John McEwen