Re: Tops for B's/ interiors Vendors

To: David Wilkinson <dwilkins@edcc.ctc.edu>
Subject: Re: Tops for B's/ interiors Vendors
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 12:05:03 -0800
Prestige makes a very nice Mohair Canvas "hood" which I have on my 75
B. I have a robbin's vinyl on my 66 but only because it's a stow away.
I would not reccommend Mohair (or "stayfast" as they (Moss) calls them)
in any color but Black. Prestige mohair comes out to around $300 once
your done with S&H they also advertise a vinyl for $140 (with zip out
rear window) Their # is 800-659-2649. Cabibou Canvas, info #
714-770-3136, has what appears to be a nice product also, I've seen a
couple around and owners were pleased but the two I spoke with would
never allow their Bs to be rained on so I don't know how they perform
in adverse weather conditions.

Leather interiors: Mike Satur is the only full leather seat kits I know
of many of the other are just leather face and backs are vinyl or
vinyl/carpet combo. The point here is that Moss and Victoria British
are, price wise, very inflated and a better product is available for
less from other sources.
Safety Fast, David Deutsch

You wrote:

>Hi all,
>I'm getting ready to put a new top on my 80B. I live in Seattle, so
quality
>of seal is important. Right now we're snowed in, but I did take a
Christmas
>cruise! Anyway, I've seen an Armco? @ $180. Robbins @ $250 and the
>cabriolet from moss for about $500. What would you recommend? I'd
rather
>spend less, of course - but I don't have a problem spending more if
the
>quality is really there. Your input is appreciated.
>David 80B LE
>David Wilkinson
>Edmonds Community College
>dwilkins@edcc.ctc.edu

Speaking of leather, has anyone tried the leather seats from Prestige
out there in
the UK.  They're only $299 without headrests and the ad is in Hemmings.

Any comments?
I'm thinking about buying a set this spring to redo the seats in my '70
B.

Jay