to Larry re gearbox

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: to Larry re gearbox
From: "john ruse" <hologothic@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 96 15:17:42 UT

Larry hi

I tried to send this quite some time ago but I got it back so I'm posting it
to the list.

Why do you want to pull your gearbox apart if it was working fine the last
time it was used?!!

There will be no need to replace the synchro rings unless you want to but
bearings may have become a little one sided and I suppose the oil seals
wouldn't be too much of a luxury.

I do a kit which includes all bearings, needle, gaskets, sync rings, new
layshaft  and for good measure a new second gear for £111.00 (bps).

I wouldn't change anything that didn't really need it though, so have a look
inside, see what you need and get back to me.

The complete close ratio gearset is £840.00 (bps)

I only do gearbox stuff - nothing else at all.

john

hologothic@msn.com

--HAD23127.851779851/one.net--