Re: B-series timing covers & oil throwers

To: kevins@borris.khoros.unm.edu
Subject: Re: B-series timing covers & oil throwers
From: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 17:54:47 EST
On Mon, 30 Dec 1996 12:04:15 -0700 (MST) Kevin Sullivan
<kevins@borris.khoros.unm.edu> writes:

> ..... I put the B seal and timing cover on and they work well.  My car
had a B thrower with an A thrower in front of it!  So I just took the A
thrower off and put it in the box with the A cover and old disintegrated
A pulley.  (I like the B harmonic balancer -- noticeably smoother.)

> Anyway, I've been told (by my local Moss distributor) that Moss sells
the B thrower for A's and B's, i.e. the "flat" one.

> This:
>
> not this:

OK.  So I got a brand new B thrower now from Moss, and it looks like
this:

Now the question is, "Which way around does it go?"  There is an "F"
stamped on one side as shown above.  I assume this is to mean "Front",
but I would think it should go the other way.  Anybody know for sure?

Barney Gaylord -- 1958 MGA