Best Wishes for '97

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Best Wishes for '97
From: Bert Otten <Bert.Otten@nni.nl>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 12:11:39 +0100
Hi, I'm back,

Best wishes to you all  this year. My year started off yesterday by
damaging the front end of my other car (luckily not the MG) in my parking
lot! Not realising the surface was covered with ice the car's inertia was
stopped by a wall ! instead of the brakes. But maybe it's a sign that I
should seriously consider bying another car this year, although it is only
18 years old. (I sometimes hear that there are people who's MG is even
newer, would you consider that).

Yes, as you probably have guessed by now, it's very cold in Holland (-10
C,  14 F). And, to inform you all for historic purposes, the Netherlands is
preparing itself this century for our 15th Elfstedentocht (eleven cities
tour), a skating event on natural ice over 135 miles (on speedskates, of
course, the only skates to be taken seriously).  The last one was in 1986.

I thought I'd let you know for information.

Bert Otten
'66 B (in glasshouse waiting for less salt and ice)