McIntosh Tube Stereos!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: McIntosh Tube Stereos!
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@cast.navnet.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 23:38:32 -0400
Dick,

        Wow! Another tube freak! When working quietly on my MGs
(and sometimes a Sunbeam Talbot! ;-)), I listen to music from
a Heathkit Model A-9B Mono tube amplifier I built around 1955!
It is amazing to watch these things work in the dark with the
"push-pull" 6L6 tubes pulsing blue to the beat of the music.
The things you miss with transistors!

Later,
Bob

>Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 00:01:06 -0500 (EST)
>From: "Richard Fontaine (ENG)" <fontaine@scooby.lklnd.usf.edu>
>Subject: Re: Conduct & Netiquette/most toys wins game

Stuff deleted.......

(another inside
>a.f. thing we aviators used to say before a particularly hairy mission to
>ones roommate "if you don't make it back, can i have your stereo?")it
>relieved the tension.in my case, i not only have my 2 car toys, but i just
>bought a new McIntosh tube component stereo system! so take that potential
>survivors!those are the rules,i just made them up..anybody want to add to
>them is welcome..a new thread with no malice, just something to clutter
>your minds while you wait for useful mail.
>dick fontaine
>48mgtc
>62tr3b
>"if its steel, its real"
>"if its tubes, its stereo"

Robert A. C. Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada
The "Proper" Sunbeam Man!
1953 Alpine & 1954 90 MK IIA Drophead Coupe and Saloon (+1973 & 1979 Midgets)
See Sunbeams @ BATANS: http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Recreation/BATANS/index.html