Re: McIntosh Tube Stereos!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: McIntosh Tube Stereos!
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 15:23:11 -0800
At 11:38 PM 1/3/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Dick,
>
>        Wow! Another tube freak! When working quietly on my MGs
>(and sometimes a Sunbeam Talbot! ;-)), I listen to music from
>a Heathkit Model A-9B Mono tube amplifier I built around 1955!
>It is amazing to watch these things work in the dark with the
>"push-pull" 6L6 tubes pulsing blue to the beat of the music.
>The things you miss with transistors!
>
>Later,
>Bob

Way Cool!

Do I have this light show to look forward to if  I install a tube conversion
to the front end of my GT? I can hardly wait!

If I install uprated headlamps will they interfere with the visibility of
the light show? Should I install relays on the tubes? <VBG>

   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT