LA Auto Show

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: LA Auto Show
From: pbailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 1997 17:31:40 -0800
Just got back from the LA auto show and it was pretty good The typical
new stuff The Jag XK8 is nice but BIG and every thing is thick the
steering wheel,windshield frame compared to my MGB it just seemed heavy
far and away the nicest car there was the new Porsche Boxter they also
had the best display with old 50s racers a lot of visuals etc..And the
guy who wrote the sales brochure must have some LBC blood in his veins..
Quote"A few stolen hours.A long deserted road.An unexpected
advrenture.Amuch needed respite from schedules and responsibilities and
predictability"I couldn't have put the essence of LBCing better myself
I also picked up a nice book called MG sports cars by autocar it has all
the road tests from Autocar magazine on all the MGs All in all a pretty
good show and the Porsche exhibit is worth the price of admission...Pat