Wonderful, 65 degree weather here in Maryland, great for

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wonderful, 65 degree weather here in Maryland, great for
From: Richard Lancaster <RLANCASTER@ntia.doc.gov>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 1997 09:33:31 -0500
Wonderful, 65 degree weather here in Maryland, great for driving the
water vapor out of the oil.  BUT, the tach suddenly is reading about
twice the actual revs.  Standard 1967 MGB, no overdrive, regular
tach.  This never happened in my 5 MGs up to now...any suggestions on
what to look for?  It reads steady, just twice what it should.  No
work done recently, so I don't think I uncoupled anything.  Direct
replies welcome...and thanks.
R. Lancaster
1967 MGB
1976 Impala (my NEW car)