Ignition switch/lock 74B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ignition switch/lock 74B
From: Ross Overcash <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 20:48:21 -0500 (EST)
Ok my turn to ask for advice:

Today at lunch I couldn't start my B.  No idiot light no juice nothing.  I
had driven it to work some 4 hours ealier so it had run. I checked the
obvious, battery connections etc and all was OK.  Finally I turned on the
switch and hot started the car with a metal rod I keep handy (did this at
the starter solinoid.  Anyway.  headlights work, heater works, horn works,
but no wipers, fuel gage, tach, or engine temp, and no radio. My initial
conclusion is that the ignition switch/lock is shot.  So went home for lunch
and then back to work and home again (each time starting the car a sbefor).
Anyone have any thoughts.  If the switch is shot any suggestions on a
replacement.  The current replacement in VB is quite expensive, will do some
more trouble shooting tomorrow.

Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer, MA.