I'm baaack

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: I'm baaack
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 13:57:29 -0500 (EST)
Fellow fiends:

Just a quick note to say hello and declair that I am back on line and
planning to lurk for a while on MGS-digest.  For those of you who
remember/care (?), the move to NJ went fine, as did the trip across Ohio
and PA in my '63 (the very well known "Old Whitesides").  The only glitch
was the failure of my temp guage out in the PA boonies.  I glanced down
at the gauge at one point and saw it registering less than 90F.  I
figured either my gauge had failed or I'd dumped all my coolant and had
since died and gone to heaven (you know, where engines run cooler w/o
coolant).  It turned out to be the former.  Otherwise, she ran like a
peach, what ever that means.

I now live between Stockton and Flemington in NJ.  Can someone give me
some hints about club activity in this area (NJ/PA)?

Cheers,
Will Zehring
'63 B

P.S. Just in case you read Road and Track and have the january issue;
check the final paragraph of Peter Egan's report on the SCCA runoffs at
Mid-Ohio.  The Mondial and the three TVRs are all owned by ex-members of
my car guy support group in Detroit.  I missed meeting Egan by literally
less than 10 seconds as I pulled away to head towards NJ right when he
pulled up to my still parked pals.  Oh well.  The runoffs are the best
way to end a summer, no doubt about it!