Re: Mighty Vac

To: mgs@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Re: Mighty Vac
From: "Karl F. Best" <kbest@Adobe.COM>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 1997 08:12:01 -0800
Bob Allen sez:

The Mighty-Vac is a handheld, manual, vaccuum pump. It comes with a
resivour and two pieces of hose and will suck anything that has a nipple
the hose will fit over. You hook it up to the bleed-screw on a caliber,
twist open the bleed screw, crank on the handle, and it sucks out
hydralic fluid (brakes or clutch slave cylinder). If you screw up and
make a mess, it only piddles on the floor. It works great.

Does it actually work? I got one last summer and tried to bleed the
brakes with it and couldn't get anything to come out at all ('57 MGA).
Did I not have the bleed screw open enough? Or are there some special
incantations to recite first?

</karl>

Karl F. Best
Manager, Frame Developer Support