Re: MG magazine, long

To: bleckstein@monmouth.com, TATERRY@aol.com, scotty@dove.net.au,
Subject: Re: MG magazine, long
From: JKearman@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 19:46:27 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-01-08 16:29:04 EST, bleckstein@monmouth.com (Leckstein)
writes:

>  In any event we are different here.I would hope every one on this list was
>  a member of a club and Register for their car model . I can preach ,but we
>  are for some reason lazy and  or cheap.

I think American hobbyists in general tend to have different attitudes than
their British brethren. We tend to look at a club or publication with a
"what's in it for me?" view, rather than as part of a lifestyle that includes
driving/conserving an MG.

Neither way is good or bad, they're only different. I've met plenty of Brits
with "Yank" attitudes, and plenty of Americans for whom certain leisure
activities are part and parcel of who they are.

A periodical can be informative, entertaining, or both. If you need
information or desire entertainment, you subscribe. If you're happy just
dashing about in a neat car, you may need neither. Celebrate diversity!

Cheers,

JK
73 B (you gotta love LBCs!)