RE: MGB spigot bushing size question

To: "MG's" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGB spigot bushing size question
From: George Merryweather <merryweather@venus.connectware.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 10:44:59 -0600
A rather nebulous response, but it is the best I can do.

The 1 and 1-1/2 are theoretically interchangeable, BUT...

The 1" was used consistently until the start of the all synchro =
transmission.  At that time, and for about a year, it was decided that =
the 1-1/2 provided more support, and that with the new transmission, =
that support was needed.  The transition was then made to the 1-1/2.  It =
was not done at the introduction of the new tranny, but in the 1969 =
timeframe.

The various 'experts' I have spoken with say  basically the same thing.  =
Replace it with what came out.  Obviously that won't work here, so the =
next answer is 'more is better', put in the 1-1/2.  I know one shop that =
refuses to put in the longer one, saying it doesn't make a difference, =
but if that was the case, why did they make it?

I would go with the longer one.  (FWIW, Moss sells 3 of the long ones to =
each 1 of the sort ones).

In this case, I agree that more is better.

George Merryweather
merryweather@connectware.com=20