The likes of Bernie Stelman

To: mgs@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: The likes of Bernie Stelman
From: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 11:14:49 -0500
I didn't know Mr. Stelman, but he sounds like our kinda guy for sure. The
posting made me think of a gentleman who eats breakfast at the same place my
wife eats breakfast before going in to work. He was always there with a
group of fellow retirees and their wives. Somehow it came to his attention
that my wife's husband (me you dummies) owned a couple Brit cars and coveted
more. Turns out that he'd owned tons of 'em, rebuilding them, driving a bit
and selling to buy another to rebuild. Almost always had one to drive and
one to rebuild. Sadly, his eyesight had become so poor that he was not even
allowed to drive and was unable to work on the cars anymore. He seems to
derive great pleasure from my wife's occasional reports of my Brit car
turmoils and victories.
 It brings to mind David Deutsche insistance that we make the most of the
time we have with the things and people we love.

 Michael, New Bern, NC