Interior leather?

To: Alberto Manganini <albertom@mbox.vol.it>
Subject: Interior leather?
From: Jarl/Carol <deboer@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 09:36:24 -0800
Alberto Manganini wrote:

  snip

> I completely disagree. After some cars with fabric or vinyl interiors I'm
> currently owning only leather trimmed cars, and for me, despite the cost,
> it's the way to go: they are way prettier than vinyl (especially after some
> times, leather gets old far better than vinyl!) and easier to clean than
> fabric. It's sturdy (can I say "sturdy" for leather?) and, in case of little
> scratches, it can be reconditioned with suitable products.
> My advice is, pay more (if you can afford it), and get much more. If you are
> on a budget, get seat covers with leather face and vinyl back.

And after all, MG was on a budget and upholstered all the T series cars
that way! Where you touched it, it was leather, where not, vinyl. They
even used leather for the welting only on top of the doors and the top
of the door pockets for arm and hand contact.  I'm sure the same
economies applied to As and early Bs.  Jarl