Re: Tops for B's/ interiors Vendors/Revision

To: albertom@mbox.vol.it, mgs@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Re: Tops for B's/ interiors Vendors/Revision
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 12:41:02 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-01-11 11:29:47 EST, albertom@mbox.vol.it (Alberto
Manganini) writes:

<< I completely disagree. After some cars with fabric or vinyl interiors I'm
 currently owning only leather trimmed cars, and for me, despite the cost,
 it's the way to go: they are way prettier than vinyl (especially after some
 times, leather gets old far better than vinyl!) and easier to clean than
 fabric. It's sturdy (can I say "sturdy" for leather?) and, in case of little
 scratches, it can be reconditioned with suitable products.
 My advice is, pay more (if you can afford it), and get much more. If you are
 on a budget, get seat covers with leather face and vinyl back.

Alberto,

I agree that leather is not only elegant but, very durable. My last three
family cars have been leather. The previous two, the seats were in better
shape than most anything else when I finally traded them.

On an MG T series, sure that's what came on them but, on a B, I'm not so
sure. Was leather ever an option on a B? I'd especially like to know about a
'73.

Of course, I've got carpet and that wasn't standard either as I understand.
So I guess if the budget will stand it, go for it.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'79 Midget
'76 Midget
'73 MGB