Re: Seat belts - '73 roadster

To: on76@dial.pipex.com, rmason@ro.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seat belts - '73 roadster
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 13:33:35 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-01-12 09:57:18 EST, on76@dial.pipex.com (Paul Hunt)
writes:

<< When I bought my 73 Roadster the DPO had inertia reels bolted to the
underside
 of the tonneau panel where the clip on manual belts used to be fitted.  As
they
 obviously interfered with the operation of the hood (UK meaning) "to raise
 hood, first remove seat belts" the bolts were only finger tight!  I moved
then
 to the wheel arches using an MGOC fitting kit.

To all,

My '73 MGB has two (3/8", I think) threaded female holes on the rear wheel
arches that I have assumed are for inertia selt belts. This is where my son's
'76 Midget inertia belts are fastened. Were inertia belt standard on a '73
MGB?

What is the tonneau panel?

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon