Re: Seat track nuts

To: Tcycle@aol.com, larryhoy@juno.com, schauss@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Seat track nuts
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 07:25:35 -0500 (EST)
Larry,

When I recarpeted my B about six years ago I found it very difficult to get
the bolts back in that hold the seats. Another one of those cases of trying
to put a fastener in blind, further made difficult by new plush carpet that
didn' t let things rest exactly as they had for (then) twenty years. I
finally decided to screw STUDS into the welded on nuts to help locate the
seats properly. I then found it much easier to reach under and put washers,
lockwasher and nuts on the studs that were sticking up through the seat
rails.

Just an idea that made life a little easier.

I confirm the 1/4" - 28 size as well as was just posted.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon (a very cold one this morning)
'79 MIdget
'76 Midget
'73 MGB