Re: No clutch no more.

To: "A.D.Smith" <as@boris.umds.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: No clutch no more.
From: Ross Overcash <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 06:06:50 -0500 (EST)
At 11:30 AM 1/13/97 GMT, you wrote:
>Hi there people.
>
>I planned to go out cycling on saturday, so took out my newly
>bought bike rack (first time I'd tried it), spent about 15 minutes
>strapping in on the back of the midget, and putting the bike
>on, making sure it wouldn't fall off etc.
>
>Got in the car, started up, push clutch down.
>
>Whap, clutch pedal went straight down to the floor, no resistance
>at all.  No clutch.  I checked the fluid reservoir - completely
>empty.  No sign of a puddle under the car of fluid.
>
>Everything had been working perfectly last time I used the car
>about a week back.
>
>So people - what order do I start doing things in ?
>Master cylinder / slave cylinder / pipes
>
>Is there anything I've missed on that list, and where to
>start ?
>
>BTW - this is a midget 1500 (1977).
>
>Cheers,
>       Andy

>Andy Castellano Smith.            | a.d.smith@umds.ac.uk
>UMDS Image Processing Group.      | http://www-ipg.umds.ac.uk/~as/
>9th Floor, Capital House          | tel. : 0171 940 9103
>42 Weston Street, London SE1 3QD. | fax. : 0171 378 7480
>
>       1977 Chrome Bumper Midget "Mungo" for short.
>DPO of 1975 Rubber Bumper Midget "Mary"  for short.

Andy,

Last time this happened to me it was the slave cylindar on my B.  I'm not
familiar with the midget, is there oone?  Anyway I would start by refilling
the master and bleed the system.  While bleeding you should be able to see
where the fluid is leaking from.  When my slave went bad it only leaked when
the clutch was disengaged so most of the fluid ended up on the transmission
housing and other assorted loocations under the car!!  good luck

Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer, MA.