Re: Banter

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Banter
From: John Saxon <jsaxon@acay.com.au>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 10:20:21 +1100
>Hello all,
>
>I have to agree somewhat with Jack as also in Australia, it is fairly
common to be a little acidic, sarcastic between friends, with no intent to
offend, just trying to stir up a little reaction! In fact, you may probably
know, it is not unusual for some  Australian males to say "How are you, you
old b*****d" when they meet another they may not have seen for a while but
you must smile when you say it!

>I travel to the US twice yearly and have noticed that New Yorkers can be
direct when compared to the usual ever so nice other Staters. Maybe that's
why I am looked at askance when I make one of my smart comments!

>I enjoy these threads - I think David adds a liitle spice to the postings.
Please let's not discourage him too much.