Re: Misc. Ramblings

To: Jack Feldman <jack@lucent.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Misc. Ramblings
From: Paul Hunt <on76@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 97 20:19:48 GMT
> 2. I know what car Number One is, but what was the Old
>    Speckled Hen?

I have seen references to "The old speckled 'un" being a saloon
(Y type?) that was painted in a gold fleck paint for show purposes.
"Old Speckled Hen" is the name of a bottled beer made in Abingdon.

> 6. The BGT was designed to look like an Aston Martin (I've
>    seen this in several places).  It had design help from
>    Pinninfarina (sp?) (a trivia question from the Moss Screen
>    Saver).

John Thornley is said to have referred to the GT as "the poor man's
Aston Martin" but I think this referred to the configuration
rather than the appearance as it is based so heavily on the Roadster
(just my smelly armpit).  MG put the design out as they couldn't get
the GT to look right themselves.  The extra inch of windscreen/roof
line made all the difference.

PaulH
73 Roadster (HD&H)
75 V8 (DD)