Re: SU Throttle Shafts

To: KDEFFEND@corphq.cbrlcorp.com
Subject: Re: SU Throttle Shafts
From: britcars@juno.com
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 12:25:33 EST
On Wed, 22 Jan 97 07:45:00 PST Deffendall Kelly 403
<KDEFFEND@corphq.cbrlcorp.com> writes:

>Question is, how difficult is it to rebush the carbs? Can I do it
>myself
>with a
>kit, or would it be best to ship them off to someone, or can I get a
>local
>machinist to do it?

Difficult to do without the correct reamers, etc. We can do them for you
for $20 per carb. body, plus parts (you can supply the parts if you
like). ( We supply Moss Motors rebuilt carbs so we know what we're
doing!)

>I only have experience with HIF4's and they've been rock solid for 8
>years..

HIF's have less of a wear problem on the shafts because they have a seal
to keep the dust out. The shaft wear is the result of dust mixing with
the gas vapor to make a nice grinding paste.

Lawrie
British Sports Car Center