Re: Sales Brochures 1971< MGB

To: dlangton@bcinternet.com
Subject: Re: Sales Brochures 1971< MGB
From: dfdarby@juno.com (David F. Darby)
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 00:01:58 PST
On Wed, 22 Jan 1997 09:14:06 -0800 (PST) David Langton
<dlangton@bcinternet.com> writes:
>I require a photocopy or such printed data for a 1971 or earlier MGB
showing wire >wheels with the twin ear knock offs.  Our local insurance
Corp. claim that the 2 ear >knock off was not a factory item on a 1971
MGB...
>David Langton
Hello David:

I have some sales literature for '68 MGB which shows U.S. cars with
octagonal knock-offs instead of the eared variety.

Clausager in ORIGINAL MGB lists November 1967 as the change-over date
(1968 model year) from the eared type to octagonal for all export
models. In August 1968 the home market cars changed over (presumably
they ran out of old stock at that time).

It seems that the eight-sided jobs are correct for the 1971.

Regards,

David F. Darby
(My MGs are all ears in the Interior Highlands, Missouri)